There’s something about LA-er Kate Brien’s easy breezy style that has us wishing for more weekends. The current Assistant to Vogue West Coast Fashion Editor Lawren Howell, former assistant to celeb stylist Kate Young and design intern at Jenni Kayne and Alexander Wang has us craving vintage leather goods and cozy knits for fall. Learn more about this week’s Tastemaker after the jump!
Name & occupation: Kate Brien, Stylist
1. I can’t live without my sunglass collection.
2. I wear denim or stripes nearly every day.
3. First on my fall lust list: Acne’s equestrian ankle boots.
4. If I could only wear one brand for the rest of my life, it would be Celine.
5. My not-so-standard closet staple: Baseball caps and long underwear (as pants!)
1. When I was younger, I wanted to be a photographer.
2. The soundtrack to my style would be: Francoise Hardy, Message Personnel.
3. I never leave home without my cherry chapstick.
4. You’ll find my picture next to this word in the dictionary: Curious.
5. My morning routine in 5 words: snooze, shower, coffee, closet, car.